Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » can install two oracle version in one machine with two OS (oracle 8i,9i,10G, xp,server 2003)
can install two oracle version in one machine with two OS [message #346672] Tue, 09 September 2008 05:51 Go to next message
ramyaselvi16

Hi friends,

I have one Pc . It has two OS ,windows XP and Windows server 2003 standard . The SAP with Oracle 8i installed in windows server. Now i need to install oracle 9i or 10G in windows XP with out un install oracle 8i in server . Now i need oracle 8i version in Windows server OS then Oracle 9i or 10G version in XP.. Can i do it?

Whether it is Possible or not? kindly advise me.

thanks
Re: can install two oracle version in one machine with two OS [message #346678 is a reply to message #346672] Tue, 09 September 2008 06:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you can't run two operating systems at the same time, databases will also be mutually exclusive (i.e. one of them will be unavailable).

But, why wouldn't you install 9i/10g on the same operating system that runs 8i (in a case that this combination is supported)? Besides, if it is an "ordinary" PC, will it be able to run multiple database instances? In a time of relatively inexpensive hardware, could you afford yet another computer?
Previous Topic: DBLINK Query
Next Topic: Failure Group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 05:05:00 CDT 2024