Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » advice on possible tripups before oracle upgrade (oracle 9i - solaris 10)
advice on possible tripups before oracle upgrade [message #348432] Tue, 16 September 2008 14:05 Go to next message
chris32680
Hi All,
I was wondering if maybe someone could point me in the right direction. We are going to be very soon upgrading from version 9i to 11g. We currently really only deal with stored procedures (although we do still have some unsupported forms 3 -gasp- running).

While we're not really concerned about the upgrade itself, since we're outsourcing that, we are concerned more about possible conflicts to look into in regards to our actual stored procedures and queries. I've been doing a bit of research, and i was wondering, other than the normal oracle documentation, is there a place that has some specific info or things to watch out for when upgrading from 9 to 11?

I did a google search, but didn't really find anything specific, so maybe there's not anything.

(i hope this isn't the wrong forum for this)

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

ps...i am NOT a dba, so i won't pretend to think i know what i'm talking about here.
Re: advice on possible tripups before oracle upgrade [message #348435 is a reply to message #348432] Tue, 16 September 2008 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Database Upgrade Guide?

Regards
Michel

Re: advice on possible tripups before oracle upgrade [message #348437 is a reply to message #348435] Tue, 16 September 2008 14:28 Go to previous message
chris32680
ah...i never saw that when i was looking through the docs.
i think that's exactly what i need.

Thanks very much.
Previous Topic: Unable to startup or shutdown the database
Next Topic: net8 easy config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 23:27:22 CDT 2024