Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » One stop server status/health survey script. (Oracle 11g, Linux)
One stop server status/health survey script. [message #350010] Tue, 23 September 2008 14:06 Go to next message
bhertz
Hi guys

I'm currently trying to get a hold of Oracle programming concepts again after being out of job for a while and downloaded the 11g server for that purpose.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to run the server on resource limited hardware, so I can't afford running the Enterprise Manager but rather fire up a single bare bones instance.

Now, unfortunately I never was much of an admin, so I have little clue what tables to consult for a basic overview of what my server is doing and how fine it is, in terms of resource usage and possible alerts.

So what I'm asking for is if any of you guys has a script handy or maybe a link to some which might serve that purpose. As an example - and I'm aware we're talking a different league here, so don't jump at me - something comparable to this MySQL overview
http://hackmysql.com/live_mysqlreport
which just gives some basic stats to assure all is well.

OK, hope this wasn't too much too ask, but I've been searching the web quite exhaustively and, while finding many snippets for this and that, I'm still looking for that kind of comprehensive overview.

Helping hand much appreciated, Bruno.
Re: One stop server status/health survey script. [message #350016 is a reply to message #350010] Tue, 23 September 2008 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Have a look at statspack (sp*.sql) or awr and addm reports in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory.

Regards
Michel
Re: One stop server status/health survey script. [message #350022 is a reply to message #350010] Tue, 23 September 2008 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhertz
Great pointer. Seems like a fairly complete set of scripts to gather a great deal of the info Enterprise Manager presents. Kind of embarrassing I didn't yet know them Wink

Guess I can hack together from those what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.
Bruno
Re: One stop server status/health survey script. [message #350220 is a reply to message #350022] Wed, 24 September 2008 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ora110
you can use statspack tools .

Re: One stop server status/health survey script. [message #350241 is a reply to message #350220] Wed, 24 September 2008 08:27 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
ora110 wrote on Wed, 24 September 2008 14:47
you can use statspack tools .

Is not this one part of what I said?

Regards
Michel

Previous Topic: Configuring ASM
Next Topic: log_parallelism parameter is not setting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 01:58:34 CDT 2024