Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Tablespace reorganise - partitions not moving (Enterprise 9.2.0.7)
Tablespace reorganise - partitions not moving [message #355090] Wed, 22 October 2008 10:55 Go to next message
cheesyhoward
Hello

I am trying to manually reorganize a tablespace by using the following sql commands.

SQL> Alter table myTable move;
SQL> Alter table myTable move partition myPartition;
SQL> Alter index myIndex rebuild;
SQL> Alter index myIndex rebuild partition myPartition;
SQL> Alter table myTable move lob(lobColumn) store as (tablespace sameTableSpace);

However some objects are refusing to move nearer the start of the tablespace. For example see the highlighted table partition in the tablespace map below. After moving this it stays in the exact same location. Even if I move it to another tablespace and back to the original it still ends up in the same place. I am refreshing the window and checking view DBA_EXTENTS.

SQL> Alter table myTable move partition myPartition tablespace b;
SQL> Alter table myTable move partition myPartition tablespace a;

So my question is how I force the table partition to be moved as close to the start of the tablespace as possible? There is plenty of free space available nearer the start.

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.7 with locally managed extents set to automatic allocation. Segment space management is disabled.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • Attachment: tablemap.GIF
    (Size: 90.62KB, Downloaded 636 times)
Re: Tablespace reorganise - partitions not moving [message #355091 is a reply to message #355090] Wed, 22 October 2008 11:14 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The only sure way is to move all outside the tablespace and recreate this one.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Connecting MAPICS from Oracle Database
Next Topic: How to get the time when a row is inserted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 23:59:51 CDT 2024