Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem with Quick Archivelog Generation (merged)
Problem with Quick Archivelog Generation (merged) [message #364609] Tue, 09 December 2008 04:36 Go to next message
Creems
Hi People,

I have a testing DB with the size of 6G, my redo logs are 20MB size (X3). I have PeopleSoft DB on it as well.

Actually, I don't do much on the DB but it keeps generating archivelogs like nobody's business.

Generating archive logs at least 2 times every minutes and it makes the disk space low on free space and Archiver hang.

Anyone with a fix please?

Regards.

Texas!
Re: Problem with Quick Archivelog Generation (merged) [message #364639 is a reply to message #364609] Tue, 09 December 2008 07:06 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Start by increasing your log file sizes. 20M is way too small. Make them at least 100MB to 500MB each.

I would also experiment with STATISTICS_LEVEL=NONE to see if it's AWR that causes the extensive logging. If that doesn't solve the problem you may need to do some log mining to catch the culprit.

Best of luck!

Frank
Previous Topic: Install Oracle Standard and after one/two years go to Entrprise.
Next Topic: Change to logging in a hash subpartition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 06:51:12 CDT 2024