Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » I can do less in oracle at the client side!
I can do less in oracle at the client side! [message #370380] Wed, 15 September 1999 00:23 Go to next message
Owen
I haven't found anyone give the difference between oracle and MS SQL server.I switched to oracle just
a short time ago.I'm so familiar with SQL Server that
I found oracle lost some functionnality comparing with
SQL Server.for example,i can't design a store procedure
that will retrieve a multiple recorde set to the calling program with reside on the client side machine.
thinks to Chris Hunt,he show me way to retrieve a
dataset in a packet of oracle.But i just cannot use this procedure in my c++ builder enviroment or vb enviroment.I think it must be some alternate way to
gain a dynamic datase without attendence of view !
Anyone can give me a tip about the main difference between sql server and oracle.I'm so confued with oracle.
thinks in advance!
Re: I can do less in oracle at the client side! [message #370381 is a reply to message #370380] Wed, 15 September 1999 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmg
Maybe this link is helpful for you

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/0/86.asp
Thinks! but I can't do it in C++ Builder enviroment! [message #370382 is a reply to message #370381] Wed, 15 September 1999 23:10 Go to previous message
Owen
Thinks for showing me to way! it's really help me a lot ! I know i can retrieve a specified recordset in vb enviroment use ado technology combined with oracle store procedure! and i also know how to make up my oracle store procedure !Althought it seem to be a little complicated!It really get the job done! while in c++builder ,i use TStoreProc control to execute the oracle store procedure,i just cannot assign the parameter and execute the procedure. how to execute the store procedure that will return a array and how to pass these parameters how to catch them?
Thinks in advance!
Previous Topic: simple query
Next Topic: move cursor without fetching
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:30:35 CDT 2024