Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » fetching data for a fiscal week of prevoius year
fetching data for a fiscal week of prevoius year [message #372106] Wed, 10 January 2001 07:57 Go to next message
IT Lover
Hi There !
I have a table - students. Males, females and cre_date are three columns in it. Cre_date is enrollment date for the students. I need to find the number of males and females that were registered in 3-4 weeks earlier to current week. I have framed the following query as :

SELECT 'Fiscal Week ' ||to_number(to_char(a.cre_date,'WW')) week_no,COUNT(males), COUNT(females)
FROM students
WHERE to_number(to_char(students.cre_date,'WW')) in (SELECT to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW'))-3 FROM DUAL)
group by 'Fiscal Week ' ||to_number(to_char(a.cre_date,'WW'))
UNION
SELECT 'Fiscal Week ' ||to_number(to_char(a.cre_date,'WW')) week_no,COUNT(males), COUNT(females)
FROM students
WHERE to_number(to_char(students.cre_date,'WW')) in (SELECT to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW'))-4 FROM DUAL)

The query worked fine till last week of december , but it fails now as :
SELECT to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW'))-4 FROM DUAL
fetches -2.
and
SELECT to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW'))-3 FROM DUAL
fetches -1

Any idea what could be done so that in such cases it fetches data from previous year, ie in this case data for fiscal week 51 and 52 of year 2000.

Thanks,
IT Lover
Re: fetching data for a fiscal week of prevoius year [message #372112 is a reply to message #372106] Wed, 10 January 2001 11:46 Go to previous message
me
SELECT decode(to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW')), 1,54, 2,55, 3,56, 4,57, to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW'))) -4 FROM DUAL

SELECT decode( to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW')), 1,54, 2,55, 3,56, to_number(TO_CHAR(sysdate ,'WW')) ) -3 FROM DUAL
Previous Topic: How to make oracle database case-insensitive?
Next Topic: Defragmentation of tables in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 23:00:11 CDT 2024