Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Installed Database Features (Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production)
icon5.gif  Installed Database Features [message #381313] Fri, 16 January 2009 05:12 Go to next message
MoiraHeath
Hi, I need some assistance here. I'm trying to establish whether I can use the MTTR Advisor in my system or not. The feature looks enabled in the OEM's Database Feature Usage page, but never used. I tried to set the parameter FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET to a value other than 0 but I get the error message :

ORA-02097: parameter cannot be modified because specified value is invalid ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Fast-Start Fault Recovery

Incidentally, Fast-Start Fault Recovery is not to be seen anywhere in the Database Feature Usage.

So my question is : Can I enable Fast-Start Fault Recovery from somewhere or is there a licensing issue here, which will stop me from using the MTTR Advisor? I'm using the Standard release of Oracle, not Enterprise.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Re: Installed Database Features [message #381327 is a reply to message #381313] Fri, 16 January 2009 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
SQL> select * from v$option where parameter = 'Fast-Start Fault Recovery';
PARAMETER                      VALUE
------------------------------ ------------------------------
Fast-Start Fault Recovery      TRUE

You need Entreprise Edition and not Standard Edition to be able to use it.

Regards
Michel
Re: Installed Database Features [message #381397 is a reply to message #381327] Fri, 16 January 2009 10:53 Go to previous message
MoiraHeath
Thanks Michel

That sorts it then...

Cheers Smile
Previous Topic: Security Patches
Next Topic: Some Tables Found like BIN$FCDT0+8RRMi4dzKtAH6fPQ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 04:10:02 CDT 2024