Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » archivelog sequencing (10gR2)
archivelog sequencing [message #382240] Wed, 21 January 2009 08:35 Go to next message
abdulaziz
Hello,

I would like to know whether there is a view in oracle, or a way we can get archived log sequence. I am practicing restoring archive redo logs to multiple locations using rman, but some of them are missing due to some "recover database delete archivelog" operation I performed earlier. So I would like to know what is the oldest available archived files sequence.

Thanks in advance.
Re: archivelog sequencing [message #382243 is a reply to message #382240] Wed, 21 January 2009 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
V$ARCHIVED_LOG

Maybe you should make a simple first search before posting? Maybe it will help you to learn maybe not.

Regards
Michel
Re: archivelog sequencing [message #382250 is a reply to message #382243] Wed, 21 January 2009 09:13 Go to previous message
abdulaziz
Ah! believe me Michel, that's what I always do, but I do admit that I didn't try a search on this one. Embarassed
Though the solution I may get by myself helps, there can be others, much more easier to apply. Say for example, the other day I was looking for a way to get the current scn. What I got then was, a simple select on the v$database to extract the column "current_scn". Lately I discovered by chance that we can also do a
select dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number from dual
to get the exact same result, and for me that way is the simplest.

No doubt that getting solutions by oneself teaches one alot and helps one improve.I happen to that very often. Smile

Anyway, sorry if sometimes we post silly questions, or give you the feeling that we do not search first before coming here. Razz

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 January 2009 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Database links
Next Topic: ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 04:51:09 CDT 2024