Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » db instance doesn't start automatically (Oracle10g - windows)
db instance doesn't start automatically [message #391552] Thu, 12 March 2009 09:32 Go to next message
irasgo
Hello,

I have a problem with a db instance that doesn't start automatically when the system restarts. I have searched in the forum, and I have found similar questions, but their answers don't fix my problem.

I have Windows Server 2003 and Oracle10g. More information:

Services:
OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListener service is started (and its startup type is automatic)
OracleServiceLAB service is started (and its startup type is automatic)
OracleOraDb10g_home1iSQL*Plus service is started (and its startup type is automatic)
OracleDBConsoleLABservice is started (and its startup type is automatic)

Registries in Windows:
ORA_LAB_AUTOSTART=true
ORA_LAB_SHUTDOWN=true
ORACLE_SID=LAB

System environment variable:
oracle_sid=LAB

When the system restarts, the services are started but the instance is down I get "ORA-01034: oracle not available". In the oradim.log file I see this error: ORA-12560: TNS protocol adapter error occurred.

I suppose that it can be a problem with the connection service name, but I don't know which one and why, because I have defined the oracle_sid system variable (it's true that without it the problem was the same).

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Arantza
Re: db instance doesn't start automatically [message #391575 is a reply to message #391552] Thu, 12 March 2009 10:59 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Can anybody help me?
>"ORA-01034: oracle not available"
Why is Oracle not starting?
What is contained at the end of alert log file?

>ORA-12560: TNS protocol adapter error occurred.
SQL*Net is not required to start the database.
SEARCH GOOGLE & this forum for other ORA-12560 posts & fixes.
Previous Topic: problem with applying patchset
Next Topic: Table statistic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 03:23:11 CDT 2024