Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » standby issue
standby issue [message #398842] Sat, 18 April 2009 04:53 Go to next message
tjay
Hi

Assume I configured standby database which is mounted.
If I add a datafile to production database, I will also have to add a datafile to standby database.(STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT is manual)

What I wanna know is:

After I add a datafile to production database, is it necessary to take a copy of the controlfile and replace it with
standby databases`s controlfile?
Re: standby issue [message #398846 is a reply to message #398842] Sat, 18 April 2009 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
tjay wrote on Sat, 18 April 2009 16:53
Hi

If I add a datafile to production database, I will also have to add a datafile to standby database.(STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT is manual)

What I wanna know is:

After I add a datafile to production database, is it necessary to take a copy of the controlfile and replace it with

Yes!
Re: standby issue [message #399311 is a reply to message #398846] Tue, 21 April 2009 09:50 Go to previous message
swoop1973
trantuananh24hg wrote on Sat, 18 April 2009 05:37
tjay wrote on Sat, 18 April 2009 16:53
Hi

What I wanna know is:

Yes!

er, No!

You say standby is mounted, but not if its in managed recovery mode or not. Assuming it is then recovery will have stopped with error ORA-01274: cannot add datafile.....

So add the datafile with alter database create datafile, then simply restart managed recovery.
Previous Topic: not able to drop table space (merged)
Next Topic: Error running ADDM report for particular snapshots
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 23:55:45 CDT 2024