Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » LMT and Extents size problems (Oracle 11g, Windows XP)
LMT and Extents size problems [message #406491] Thu, 04 June 2009 04:26 Go to next message
Johnma
Hello,

I'm a little confused about extents and how Oracle manage it.

I have to create two LMT and ASSM tablespaces, one for data "DATASPACE" and other for index "IDXSPACE". The problem requires block size for "DATASPACE" is 16K and for "IDXSPACE" is 4K.

In "DATASPACE" I have to create tables with one extension that contains given information from other tablespace and other extension with estimated size. For example:

CLIENTS: Actual Data Size: 3700K. (Extent 1)
Estimated Data Size for 1 year : 400K. (Next extent)
CALLS: Actual Data Size : 278000K (Extent 1)
Estimated Data size for 1 year : 189000K (Next extent)

How I create tablespace and tables?
I've tried with LMT Uniform, but if uniform size is 278000K all extents are of this size.
I've tried with LMT Autoallocated, but I can't specify the extent size.

I don't know how make it, and I started to think it's not possible.

The problem requires tablespace is LMT, because of mapabit management.

Thanks!

pd. It's my first post, but I read forum since time ago to learn. Thanks and sorry about my english Smile
Re: LMT and Extents size problems [message #406494 is a reply to message #406491] Thu, 04 June 2009 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Don't care about extent sizes and use autoallocate.

Regards
Michel
Re: LMT and Extents size problems [message #406500 is a reply to message #406494] Thu, 04 June 2009 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnma
Hi, thanks for your quick answer.

Yes, I think using Autoallocate is the best option, but I forget mention is a practice for University.
And the Problem require that the actual data allocate in first extension, with the estimated size for this data. And prepare a new extension for the data that can be inserted in a year.

The BD Model only have this tables:
CLIENT, CALL, TLFLINE, TARIFA, TIPTARIFA, BILL

Every table has this estimated first extent size, and the estimated next extent size.

Ah, I know that I must ask to my teacher, but He don't answer my question clarely.

Thanks in advance.
Re: LMT and Extents size problems [message #406510 is a reply to message #406500] Thu, 04 June 2009 06:18 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you want to specify a special init extent and a special next extent you have to use the old and obsolete DMT.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: SQL ID
Next Topic: Partition Maintenance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 22:37:19 CDT 2024