Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Where can I find a sample of dbca.rsp file?
icon5.gif  Where can I find a sample of dbca.rsp file? [message #418243] Thu, 13 August 2009 10:51 Go to next message
dariyoosh
Dear all,

I've just successfully installed for the first time Oracle 11g in silent mode on Redhat Enterprise 5.3
(I installed in silent mode because there is no X system installled on this Linux server).
The installation was completely successful. I used the response file provided in the response
directory (ee.rsp) and I defined the parameters value properly according to what I needed..

Now I want to install a general purpose database. According to what I read in Oracle 11g installation guide,
it is also possible to use DBCA in silent mode again by using a response file.

Now the problem is that I searched for all response files in the oracle package that I downloaded, there
is only three response files (for different type of installations Enterprise, Standard, etc.) but no dbca.rsp.

Well, when I run

$ su oracle
passwd
$ dbca -h

I can see the possible options, but in a response file the information is more detailed (specially for
someone like me who is going to use this command for the first time).

Where can I find this file? if it is not provided with Oracle package, in the case where you have a sample
could you kindly copy/paste a version of the file (after removing of course all confidential set of information)?

Thanks in advance,
Dariyoosh
Smile
Re: Where can I find a sample of dbca.rsp file? [message #418261 is a reply to message #418243] Thu, 13 August 2009 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
You can also create a database without DBCA by using the create database statement. Which also gives you a lot more control on how the database is set up.

When you have done this once, you also know a lot more about the Oracle setup than if you just copy a template database with the DBCA.

Re: Where can I find a sample of dbca.rsp file? [message #418266 is a reply to message #418261] Thu, 13 August 2009 13:49 Go to previous message
dariyoosh
ThomasG wrote on Thu, 13 August 2009 20:29
You can also create a database without DBCA by using the create database statement. Which also gives you a lot more control on how the database is set up.

When you have done this once, you also know a lot more about the Oracle setup than if you just copy a template database with the DBCA.

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to read this oracle
guide which seems to be very informative.

Kind Regards,
Dariyoosh
Razz
Previous Topic: shrink tablespace
Next Topic: uable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace PREMIA.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 04:28:44 CDT 2024