Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » uable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace PREMIA. (Oracle 10g, windows XP)
uable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace PREMIA. [message #418308] Fri, 14 August 2009 00:49 Go to next message
ishika_20
While importing dump i am getting the error "uable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace PREMIA". Though I have created tablespace PREMIA.
Below is my script-

CREATE TABLESPACE PREMIA DATAFILE 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PREMIA.DBF' SIZE 4000M
;

How to rectify this problem?

waiting for your prompt reply...

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 14 August 2009 00:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: uable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace PREMIA. [message #418309 is a reply to message #418308] Fri, 14 August 2009 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ It is not "uable" bot "unable", this error would have not happened if you use copy and paste.

2/ It is not on CREATE TABLESPACE but on CREATE INDEX, same remark.

Next time COPY AND PASTE do not post a screen shot, this has been requested many times.

Regards
Michel
Re: uable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace PREMIA. [message #418315 is a reply to message #418309] Fri, 14 August 2009 02:33 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Did you actually look up what the error means before you posted here?
Quote:
ORA-01658:
unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace string
Cause: Failed to find sufficient contiguous space to allocate INITIAL extent for segment being created.
Action: Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE to add additional space to the tablespace or retry with a smaller value for INITIAL

Basically, you need to add more space to your tablespace.
Previous Topic: Where can I find a sample of dbca.rsp file?
Next Topic: Error in alert log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 04:16:44 CDT 2024