Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem in using Resource Manager (Oracle : 10.2.0.1.0 , OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4)
Problem in using Resource Manager [message #427754] Sun, 25 October 2009 00:33 Go to next message
khosravi
Hi

I wanna create a simple Resource Manager example , I do like this

begin
DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.CREATE_PENDING_AREA;

DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.CREATE_PLAN(PLAN => 'ali_plan', COMMENT => null);
DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.CREATE_CONSUMER_GROUP (CONSUMER_GROUP => 'ali_cons_group', COMMENT =>null);

DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.CREATE_PLAN_DIRECTIVE (PLAN => 'ali_plan', GROUP_OR_SUBPLAN => 'ali_cons_group',COMMENT =>null, CPU_P1 => 20);
DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.CREATE_PLAN_DIRECTIVE (PLAN => 'ali_plan', GROUP_OR_SUBPLAN => 'OTHER_GROUPS',COMMENT =>null, CPU_P1 => 80);

DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.SET_CONSUMER_GROUP_MAPPING(DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.ORACLE_USER, 'ali', 'ali_cons_group');

DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.VALIDATE_PENDING_AREA;
DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.SUBMIT_PENDING_AREA;
end;
/

alter system set RESOURCE_MANAGER_PLAN='ali_plan';

After that I login through "ali" user , I create a table and I write a loop that insert a lot of records in the table (for example 2000000 records)
then when I refer to Enterprise Manager in "Resource Monitors" section I see that "Active Sessions" field for ALI_CONS_GROUP is 0 and the "Consumed CPU Time" for ali_cons_group is 0
and ali has added to OTHER_GROUPS

in the other words Consumer Group of "ali" not considered as ali_cons_group

do you know what's problem ?

thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 25 October 2009 00:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in using Resource Manager [message #427757 is a reply to message #427754] Sun, 25 October 2009 01:16 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Resource Manager comes into ONLY when you are short of CPU.
A loop to insert rows can't lead to an overload of CPU, use a cpu loop in different sessions in parallel.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Memory Notification
Next Topic: Database not starting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 00:27:50 CDT 2024