Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » DBMS_Scheduler Modify Time zone (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 Windows 2003 R2)
DBMS_Scheduler Modify Time zone [message #445383] Mon, 01 March 2010 05:59 Go to next message
srini_thiru

Hi,

I have created a job using DBMS_SCHEDULER with named schedule.

After i have modified the schedule using the below queries,

exec dbms_scheduler.disable( 'JOB1' );

exec dbms_scheduler.set_attribute_null('JOB1','schedule_name');

exec DBMS_SCHEDULER.SET_ATTRIBUTE( name => 'JOB1', attribute => 'repeat_interval', value => 'freq=WEEKLY;BYDAY=SUN,WED,FRI;BYHOUR=05');

exec dbms_scheduler.enable( 'JOB1' );

I am using the client system to change the setting and the time zone differs from that of production. Even though the job is scheduled to run at 5 AM it show the start date as 6:30 PM which is the client system time.

Please share your thoughts.

Re: DBMS_Scheduler Modify Time zone [message #464054 is a reply to message #445383] Tue, 06 July 2010 01:48 Go to previous message
suntrupth
+ Have you defined TZ variable on your client?

In oracle the session timezone (select sessiontimezone from dual;) defaults to a offset ( like +05:00),
even if the Operating system "TZ" variable is set to a named TZ, unless the ORA_SDTZ is set in the client (!) environment (or registry) with a *oracle* TZ name.

SQL> select dbms_scheduler.stime from dual;

If the DEFAULT_TIMEZONE attribute is NULL, the Scheduler will use the time zone of systimestamp when the job or window is enabled .The timezone returned by systimestamp is always a OFFSET.

Make sure your DEFAULT_TIMEZONE Scheduler attribute is set, and check the sessiontimezone if needed seen this may take precedence.

Thanks,
Suntrupth
Previous Topic: error in identifying datafile
Next Topic: May you explain to me those error events?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 20:43:57 CDT 2024